How to Create a System
This a short guide on how to create a system. A system (project) contains one or more applications that work together to form a working control system. An application contains a collection of component instances (objects) running on a computer.
Creating a Blank System
- In Welcome mode select the Projects tab and click New Project button. Alternatively open File menu and choose Create New....
- Select CDP System and click Choose....
- Type in the name of the system, select the storage location and click Next.
- Select CDP version to be used and click Next. Note that only libraries and resources using the same CDP version will be available.
- Select the type and name of the first application and click Finish.
A system has now been created with default CDP components. CDP Studio Configure mode will open.
Different objects can be added to the applications in the system. These could be signals and alarms to monitor some values, or IO servers to enable the system to communicate over a certain protocol.
- In the Project tree select the application or a component, to which you will be adding subcomponents.
- In Resource tree right click a component that you want to add.
- Select Add in the context menu.
Add following resources from the Resource tree to the application in your project:
- MyClass from MyLibrary
- Sine from CDPCore
Note: If you do not have MyClass or MyLibrary resources, take a look at How to Create a Library manual.
Configuring the System
Now set up the MyClass to listen to a Sine as an input.
MyClassin the configuration editor
- Find the
InputSignalunder Signals section and set the
Routingvalue to "MySystemApp.Sine.Output"
See how to run system in How to Run a System.