Raspberry Pi foundation released the new Pi 4 and a brand new version of the Raspberry OS based on Debian version 11 – Bullseye. Bullseye broke the backward compatibility with previous Raspberry OS versions creating issues for many software applications, including applications made with CDP Studio.
How to update
Follow the below steps to update CDP Studio and to install the new toolkit:
- Upgrade CDP Studio
- In CDP Studio menu bar select “Help->Check for Updates”, then “Start Update”
- Install the new toolkit supporting RPI4 and Bullseye
- In CDP Studio menu bar select “Help->Package manager…”
- The package manager will start in a new window, select
- “Add or remove CDP versions”
- Check “Raspberry Pi ARMv8 32-bit (Debian 11)” and click on “Next”.
The new toolkit will now be installed.
Guideline for Raspberry Pi’s, operating systems and toolkits:
- Raspberry Pi ARMv8 32-bit (Debian 11) toolkit support RPi 3, 4 and Zero 2 W models running Rasperry OS – Bullseye 32-bit version
- Raspberry Pi ARMv6 32-bit (Debian 10) toolkit support RPi 1, 2, 3 and Zero W models running Raspberry Pi OS – Legacy (Debian 10 based)
The Rasperry Pi OS (64-bit) is not supported at the moment.