In the ever-evolving landscape of connected devices and data-driven decision-making, being able to have access to data enhances operational efficiency, and understanding, and drives innovation. The CDP Intelligent Edge and Cloud are created to give users an easy, yet powerful and secure way to collect and transmit data into the cloud.
The CDP Intelligent Edge is a set of ready-for-use building blocks for collecting data and for creating a secure data communication pipeline between a control system and sensors to a central data processing service such as a Cloud service.
The Intelligent Edge can be integrated into a CDP control system or be a separate application to collect data from any (non-CDP) system or individual sensors. The operational and sensor data is consolidated and securely transferred to a cloud database for further analysis and inspection.
The CDP intelligent Cloud is also a ready-to-use blocks that receives data from Edge devices, decodes the information and stores it in a time series database. The data can then be analysed using any data mining tool or data visualization tool like Grafana.
The CDP Intelligent Edge consist of no-code building blocks that are assembled into pipelines to store and forward information to a cloud.
The Intelligent Edge building blocks and pipelines are easily integrated into a CDP control system as the data sources are available through the CDP internal data APIs.
The CDP Intelligent Edge can collect data from any control system and sensor by using the industrial protocols included with CDP Studio. In this case, a CDP Edge with an intelligent edge can be used as a cloud gateway for any system.
The system can forward both data (variables) and events/alarms.
CDP Intelligent Edge comes with pre-assembled pipelines and examples. These can be used as a starting point for creating your specific pipelines. An edge system can run multiple pipelines. Some pipeline examples:
- Sparse continuous upload of data
- High-resolution data upload triggered by an event or alarm
- Upload high-resolution data upload on request by a cloud service
- Upload min, max and average values for a data point for a time period
Key features include
- Collect, store and forward – supports the loss of connection
- Tag conversion from internal variable names to a structured naming hierarchy and tag standard. Set rules or upload retagging from a CSV file
- Add metadata to variables and events/alarms (units, description …)
- Multiple pipelines in one edge
- Upload to any cloud and simultaneously to multiple clouds
- Secure connectivity
CDP Intelligent Cloud
The Intelligent Cloud is a no-code CDP application able to run in the cloud with the required features to receive data and events/alarms from multiple edge systems.
All data that edge devices send to the cloud will be decoded and uploaded to a time series database, for example, InfluxDB.
The Intelligent Cloud comes as a pre-made block and is easily deployed to a cloud service. The Intelligent Cloud supports non-CDP Edge systems can support non-CDP Edge systems and different encodings can be added to support any edge.
Key features include:
- No-code pre-made pipeline pre-integrated with influxDB
- No-code pipeline can be extended and used towards other timeseries databases
- Edge systems do not need to be pre-configured in the cloud, just connect the new Edge system and the cloud will start to receive data
- Support tag metadata
- Deploy the system directly from CDP Studio to the cloud
- Modify and update running cloud applications
- Add post-processing before data storage
- Open CDP UI running in the Edge as webUI’s in the cloud
- Create CDP control dashboards (UIs) in the cloud and control devices or processes in remote systems
- Secure connectivity